The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) is one Australia's Big Four banks, and has been operating since the 1830s. Now a major multinational financial institution, ANZ is considered one of the top 50 banks in the world.
ANZ employs over 50,000 staff with a head office in Melbourne and branches located all over Australia. These branches are where customers can meet with an ANZ Personal Banker for everyday banking advice, as well as speak to specialists about mortgages, as well as retirement, planning, investment and small business finance.
The bank has won a number of awards including Money Magazine’s Home Lender of the year award over ten times since 1999.
Like many other large lenders, ANZ offers borrowers the ability to bundle a home loan in with other products – such as a credit card and home and contents insurance – at a reduced interest rate, as well as offering offset accounts and similar benefits on other loans.
Notably, ANZ offers a unique Property Profile Report, which allows borrowers to have the better understanding of the potential price of a home, useful if you've already found a potential property that has caught your eye.
In order to apply for a home loan with ANZ you will need to provide this information to them:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
Additionally, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application, as well as copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer.
You can apply for a loan with ANZ over the phone, at your local branch, or online. You can also discuss one of their products with one of our mortgage brokers by selecting the product that seems right to you on this page and continuing through.
Using a broker can help you wade through the myriad options available to you as a borrower to determine exactly which product is right for your situation, whether you're looking to purchase your first home or if you're a seasoned property investor.